Funeral cover made easy
Here are the basics you need to know when taking out funeral cover:
- A family funeral plan will pay a lump sum over to your beneficiaries in the event of your death and to yourself in the event of any of the other insured family members passing away.
- This lump sum is also doubled if the main member or the nominated spouse on the policy passes away, ensuring that your family is well taken care of.
- The money that you receive after the death of a loved one is then used to cover the expenses of the funeral arrangements.
What is covered?
Knowing what we get when we claim from our funeral policy is one thing, but knowing what you are covered for is another. You know what you get out from your funeral plan, but what are you covered for?
- Not only are you able to cover your immediate family, but your extended family can be covered as well.
- There are waiting periods – natural death has a 6-month waiting period for immediate family and 12 months for extended family.
- There are maximum entry ages – 70 for immediate family and 75 for extended family.
- A good funeral policy has extra benefits, such as paying for airtime, groceries and tombstone benefits.
So although it might seem complicated and overwhelming, family funeral cover isn’t all that difficult at all. Virgin Money Insurance has your best interests at heart.