Funeral cover - what to do when
What to do in the event of a death
The loss of a loved one is a traumatic experience for anyone to have to go through. Not only are you mourning the loss of a family member, but you now have to plan a funeral.
What to do when a family member dies suddenly
Here are a few official points that you need to remember:
- If your family member passes away at home, contact a doctor who will issue a death certificate for you, depending on the circumstances of the death.
- If the death of a loved one occurs in hospital, the death certificate will be issued by the resident doctor. You might be requested to authorise an autopsy, but this isn’t a legal obligation for family funeral cover.
- It is also your responsibility to register the death of a family member through either of the following channels:
- The Department of Home Affairs
- The South African Police Service
- A funeral home or undertaker who is authorised by law to register the death of a person.
- You will be issued with a Death Report (Form BI – 1680) which you need to keep along with a burial order.
- No burial may legally take place unless authorised by way of the Burial Order (Form BI -14).
- Once the initial shock of your loss has subsided, start informing the relevant financial institutions of your family member’s passing.
- Whether you are claiming from a funeral policy for parents or immediate family funeral cover, contact Virgin Money Insurance as soon as possible.
What documents will you need to claim from your family funeral policy?
Knowing that you will need to have certain documents ready will make the process run a little smoother. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Have your policy number on hand.
- You will be required to present a copy of the death certificate.
- You will also need to have certified copies of the deceased’s and the beneficiary’s identity document.
- You can have documents certified by visiting your local SAPS with the original document on hand.
How soon are claims paid out
Once you have submitted the necessary documents, and completed the funeral insurance claim forms, the process is usually quite speedy:
- The claims procedure typically takes 48hrs from the time you lodge all the necessary documentation, and the claim is approved, to funeral plan pay out.
- If there are additional documents required, we’ll let you know to keep the process running smoothly.